Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Where My Girls At?




Is it me, or has Blogger become a ghost town? It's probably me. I admit I haven't given anyone a reason to stop by here. Can't ever seem to find enough time to comment on all the blogs I want to comment on.. and I had to stop writing for a while due to a hectic schedule, family stress, depression, and baseball. Now that the Red Sox season is over I can start getting back to blogging (and commenting.)

There are lots of new blog posts on my feed every day - but they're mainly sports card bloggers. I've not seen much from my old Blogger friends Mich or Sam Lupin lately.

Once upon a time, nearly all of my Blogger friends were female - Kazehana, Peri, Jeanne, Addy, Kayla Lynn... but they've mostly moved on from here. And then of course, there's the blogger formerly known as My Favorite Girl.



I've been in love with this girl for over three years. I've followed her on YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, and her own blog. She's special to me, and she always will be. I just adore her.

And she's not really around anymore.

She hasn't posted a new YouTube video in months. Nothing new on Tumblr or Instagram for weeks. Not even a reblog. I had to do some sleuthing just to make sure she's alive.


The practical side of me says that this is a good thing. I need to stop crushing on this chick. I need to stop caring. But isn't that what social media is? Strangers investing themselves in the lives of other strangers? Meeting people, following their daily diary of pictures, words, and videos. Supporting them through success and struggle. But how can you tell how their life is going... if they stop sharing?




Well, as I've said before it's high time I moved on to a new Favorite Girl.

And you all know who that is...






I've talked about Taryn Southern many times on this blog - but I don't know that I've ever really explained why I'm so drawn to her. It's like... fifteen year old me sees this smoking hot blonde who is undeniably sexy as hell, but she's also very chill and fun and unfiltered.

And the depressed emo side of me can relate to her more emotional videos - whether she's opening up about her own personal struggles or openly weeping at the sad state of the world.




This was how I felt at the time. I'm always so saddened by the worst of humanity and I don't know how to handle it. I have no outlet like she does. But when I watch her pour her heart out like this I feel less alone, less pathetic.


Most of her videos are humorous. There's funny single girl observations galore, a bunch of music videos, and tech stuff that's way over my head. And she almost always posts them on Tuesdays.


Except...she kind of disappeared, too. Taryn still posts regularly on Instagram (unlike Joy), but the last video she uploaded was nearly a month ago.

Where are you girl? I need my Taryn Tuesdays!



But just when I was starting to wonder what the heck is going on... she came through for me bigly.

I've been losing a lot of sleep over the upcoming election, the lack of civil discourse, and the sad reality that there are many more forces out there with a vested interest in watching us tear each other apart than bringing us together.



So of course Taryn would take it upon herself to do a video like this:






..right when we're all about to go nuclear on each other. Taryn doesn't appear in this video but I don't even care. She's got a social conscience. She tries to do good things and make the world a better place. Add that humility and positivity to her self-deprecating sense of humor, her talents as a singer and content creator, and the fact that she's an absolute knockout... and she's pretty much the perfect woman.








~




10 comments:

  1. We're all losing sleep over this election. Thank goodness it will all be over soon.

    Glad to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! Glad to see you survived Hurricane Matthew. :-)

      Delete
  2. Bloggers often disappear. Sad but a fact of life, just as real-life friends disappear.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found a new girl, and it's great that wants to make the world a better place because we certainly need a lot of that. I remember when Blogger in its heyday and it was quite the job keeping up with everyone. I actually blogged almost every day then something called kids happened. Or maybe it was Facebook. Take care and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah..and remember when they said technology would make our lives easier? Nope...just gives us more stuff to do.

      I actually blogged a lot after my first daughter was born (saved time by getting rid of Facebook) but then my second daughter was born...and I went back to work...and they started filling the calendar with birthday parties and soccer games and gym class :/

      Thanks for visiting. Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  4. I can see it now...the 2020 Presidential Election... VOTE TARYN SOUTHERN and BRING THE FEEL GOOD FACTOR BACK! Of course that assumes that America hasn't torn itself apart in the intervening years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESS! I am on board with this idea. I wonder what President Southern would be like...something like this, maybe?

      Delete