Monday, February 20, 2017

Animae-to-Z

A few months ago I had an idea for a series of posts that would be scheduled for April during some blogging marathon challenge thingy. I decided not to join in that madness.. but I thought I'd share my theme with you anyway.  

Here's a list of my favorite animated television characters from A to Z.


Sterling Archer (Archer)



Beavis and Butthead




Carl Brutananadilewski (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)




Disco Stu (The Simpsons)



 Err (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)


  
Phillip J. Fry (Futurama)



  Gary (SpongeBob SquarePants)



Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)



 Ignignokt (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)



 Joe Swanson (Family Guy)



 Kyle Broflovski (South Park)



 Lana Kane (Archer)



Master Shake and Meatwad (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)



Nelson Muntz (The Simpsons)



 Ollie Williams (Family Guy)


 
Peter Griffin (Family Guy)




Glenn Quagmire (Family Guy)




Ralph Wiggum (The Simpsons)



SpongeBob SquarePants



Tina Belcher (Bob's Burgers)



Uter (The Simpsons)


 
Victor the Villain (Wallykazam)



Woodhouse (Archer)



Mr. X (The Simpsons)



You There (Futurama)




Dr. Zoidberg (Futurama)





Who are some of your favorite animated characters?


~




11 comments:

  1. Mr. Smithers and Ned Flanders from the Simpsons are two of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many I wanted to mention, but I tried to stick with one per letter. That meant having to stretch thin for V, X, and Y .. but also leaving out characters like Apu, Bart, Otto, and Stewie Griffin.

      Delete
  2. Animation has certainly changed since I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are still plenty of kid-friendly cartoon, but it seems like animated shows are are targeting teens/young adults a lot more lately. I'd imagine it has a lot to do with the success of South Park.

      Delete
  3. I can't come up with a better choice for X, but for Y I would definitely go with Yakko Warner.

    Love The Simpsons, at least up to season 15 or so. Love Animaniacs. Was also a fan of The Critic. And some of the old school stuff...did you put no Looney Tunes characters because you're not a fan, or because they started in film? I'd have Bugs and some of them on my list. Maybe even some such as Dick Dastardly whom I loved as a kid, but haven't seen in decades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one! Yakko would have been a much better 'Y'. I was looking for a master list of all animated characters but couldn't find one, so I had to go through each of the 8-10 shows I watch regularly.

      I did watch Animaniacs and Looney Toons for a while back in the day, and if I spent more time on this list I might have added some older shows I watched as a kid.

      Delete
  4. YESSSSSSSSSSSS THE MOON RULZ #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some would say the Earth is our moon..but that would belittle the name of our moon. Which is The Moon.

      Delete
    2. our vertical leap is beyond all measurement

      Delete
  5. Popeye the Sailorman ("I yam what I yam!").... Bugs Bunny, Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble, Top Cat, Shrek, Woody from "Toy Story", Yogi Bear and Boo Boo and last but not least Taryn Southern who I understand is also an animated character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classics, all of them. I wonder if anyone has done a list of 50 all-time greatest cartoon characters (I'll google it when I get home)

      And yes, Taryn is quite a character ;-)

      Delete