Saturday, February 18, 2017

Victorious!


This is the first of two "cross-promotion" posts I'm doing across both of my blogs. You can read the beginning of this story on The Collector.


Yesterday I got an order of baseball cards in the mail. Mostly Red Sox, some other assorted stuff... and this First Pitch card of Victoria Justice.




I think I mentioned it before, but I didn't actually have the card in-hand. Now I do ;-)





I've never really mentioned Victoria on this blog (too busy talking about Taryn Southern I suppose) and that's because I'm not all that familiar with her work. My Nickelodeon watching days started with You Can't Do That On Television and Double Dare.. and ended with The Amanda Show. Amanda Bynes was my dream girl - tall and talented and funny and very sweet.

...or so we thought. Amanda had sooo many issues as an adult. She was the subject of a wildly popular blog post from the guys at A Beer For The Shower. I'll let them explain her downfall. 

While Amanda was crashing and burning, Victoria Justice was quietly (at least to me) taking her place at Nick. I was too old to be watching tween shows at that time, but my niece was watching Victorious one day when I spotted this slender brunette on the screen.



Who is that? I wondered. She's gorgeous!

Before long, she was overshadowed by her red-headed co-star Ariana Grande. When Ariana 'blew up' I was not impressed. Pop stars rarely appeal to me, but pop stars who have to dress provocatively and act like an actual baby to mask their limited talent definitely do not appeal to me. 


I deduced that Victoria Justice was different, mostly because I had never seen nor heard any mention of her on celebrity gossip shows. She seemed like she was transitioning from tween icon to young adult actress seamlessly enough. And she can actually sing

While researching an old blog post I came across a song on the Victorious soundtrack that I actually like.




I'm a little bit out of her demographic, and I'm still not familiar enough with her acting, but I'd consider myself a Victoria Justice fan. I wouldn't call her a "crush" (yet?) but I admire the way she carries herself. She's a good role model for young girls.. like my daughters. I hope they become fans one day (They're almost there - Victorious still airs on Teen Nick, and they're already watching other Dan Schneider shows.)


~

6 comments:

  1. You can't have too many good role models for your daughters.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with her but she seems like a talented individual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is indeed. I'll have to catch her on screen at some point.

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of her (I'm old)... but she has excellent taste in cars. That Mustang is sweet!

    ReplyDelete